Geelong, VIC - St Paul's Anglican (20423)
Year Built: 1851
Last Updated: 08/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was opened on 15 December 1935 by his Grace the most Reverend Daniel Mannix Archbishop of Melbourne. Click on this link for the full history of the church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1855 - 1863||The Ven T. C. B. Strech|
|1859 - 1863||Rev Henry William Adeney||Asst||1834||1931|
|1863 - 1870||Rev Astley Cooper|
|1870 - 1876||Rev Ralph Barker|
|1878 - 1889||Rev Canon W Charlmers|
|1889 - 1890||Rev Dr A. V. Green|
|1890 - 1901||Rev Dr W. C. Pritchard|
|1901 - 1903||Rev R C.N. Kelly|
|1903 - 1908||Rev J McT. Evans|
|1908 - 1911||Rev Frank Cyril Anderson||1868||1916|
|1911 - 1919||Rev Canon E. Snodgrass|
|1919 - 1924||Rev W. E Wood|
|1924 - 1933||Rev J. J. Booth|
|1933 - 1936||Rev C. G. Parker|
|1936 - 1950||Rev Dr E. Griffiths|
|1950 - 1967||Rev Gordon John Apsey||1906||1996|
|1968 - 1978||Rev Dr A Dq Robin|
|1978 - 1988||Rev H. B. Kirby|
|1989 -||Rev R. L. Joyce|
|2019 -||Rev Nigel Pope|
The organ has three manuals, CC to C, 61 notes and two-and-half octaves of radiating and concave pedals, CCC to G, 32 notes. The Swell Organ is enclosed and the shutters controlled by a balanced Swell Pedal.
There are 44 Speaking Registers operated by drawstops and 18 tablets controlling the Couplers and Tremulants.
The console is detached and placed on the north side of the Nave opposite the Chamber which contains the Great, Swell and Pedal Organs respectively.
1. Church Website
2. Churches of Geelong and District