Glen Iris, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting (21008)

Denomination: Uniting

Saint: Andrew

Address: 1560 Malvern Road, Glen Iris, Victoria, 3146

Previous Denomination: Presbyterian

Last Updated: 06/11/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)

History and Architecture:

Formerly known as Mulgrave Uniting Church and now known as St Andrew's Gardiner Uniting.

The old St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (1856), in Rathdowne Street, Carlton was taken down in 1938 and the stones re-erected the following year at the site of the 'new' St. Andrew's on the corner of Burke and Malvern Roads.

A Foundation stone reads, " St Andrew's Gardiner to the Glory of God the Foundation stone of this church was laid by the Minister Rev J.E. Owen M.A. B.D. 17th June 1939. Erected at Carlton 1855 Re erected at Gardiner 1939".

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1939 - Rev J. E Owen P
2020 ? - Rev Barnabas Ong U

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.