Gundagai, NSW - St John's Anglican (10104)
Year Built: 1986
Last Updated: 19/09/2020
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone of the church was laid on 19 September 1861 by Right Reverend Barker Lord Bishop of Sydney. Mr George Hart a local resident designed the church.
The Church is built of local slate and the roof was originally "battered and shingled and lined inside the raftters with colonial pine". The Church was opened on 5 June 1867 by Mesac Thomas, Bishop of Goulburn.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1838 -||Rev Robert Cartright|
|1870 - 1873||Rev James H Manning|
|1865 -||Rev H S Seaborn|
|1873 - 1875||Rev H E Thomas|
|1875 - 1879||Rev S B Holt|
|1880 - 1885||Rev J H Williams|
|1885 - 1894||Rev R J Ross Edwards|
|1894 - 1902||Rev A C Mosley|
|1902 - 1904||Rev A R Shaw|
|1904 - 1905||Rev J S Dobson|
|1905 - 1906||Rev W H Edwards|
|1906 - 1910||Rev W Cowan|
|1910 - 1911||Rev A E Coote|
|1910 - 1911||Rev W Parkes|
|1911 - 1924||Rev H F.A. Champion|
|1924 - 1927||Rev W S McLeod|
|1927 - 1932||Rev S G Davis|
|1932 - 1954||Rev G E Morris|
|1954 - 1963||Rev F A Hart|
|1963 - 1966||Rev R H Oldmeadow|
|1966 - 1971||Rev J G Williams|
|1971 - 1990||Rev William Edward Wright||1930|
|1990 - 1996||Rev Stephen Robert Simkus|
|1996 -||Rev David Alan Robinson|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Church's of St John at Boorowa and Gundagai by Bill Wright.
2. The Centenary of Christ Church Jugiong 1872 -3 to 1972 -3.