Haigslea, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran (50134)
Last Updated: 24/11/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was opened in April 1924 with 300 attending. The Church was dedicated by Pastor C. Gaustadt on 9 July 1873. A manse was erected beside the church in 1874 and a new manse was built in 1895 which was subsequently moved to Marburg in 1904.
The church building was destroyed by a cyclone on 17 November 1923. A replacement church was built at Haigslea (formerly Kirchheim) and re-dedicated on 13 April 1924. The last service in this church was held on 7 March 1971.
German immigrants settled on the edge of the Rosewood scrub between 1865 and 1873.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1866 - 1869||Pastor E C.F.T. Heiner|
|1869 - 1879||Pastor Christoffer Gaustadt|
|1879 - 1886||Pastor J F.R. Goessling|
|1888 - 1912||Pastor J F Frank|
|1914 - 1915||Pastor J. B. Kosh|
|1915 -||Pastor M Reuther|
|1915 - 1971||Pastor L Doehler|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Lutheran Historical Society.