Highgate Hill, QLD - Park Uniting
Year Built: 1949
Address: 21 Hampstead Road, Highgate Hill, Queensland, 4101
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 12/03/2023
History and Architecture:
Rev. Brian Whitlock of Sussex street church facilitated the establishment of this congregation. In the early 1950s, the congregation moved to the present new church (retaining the name 'Park Presbyterian Church') in Hampstead Road, Highgate Hill, the foundation stone of which was laid on 10 December 1949.
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone, laid to the Glory of God by Rev R.J.E. Moderator of the Presbytery of Brisbane on the 10th December 1949. Marks the Centenary of Park Presbyterian Church. 1849 - 1949."
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1992 - 1994||Rev Taniela Fisi‚Äôihoi||U|
|1995 - 1998||Rev Kotoni Fihaki||U|
|2000 - 2005||Rev John Hooper||Locum|
|2005 -||Rev Dr Lulu O-Ha‚Äôangana Senituli||U|
|2022 -||Rev Maile Molitika||U|
Built by Whitehouse & Co of Brisbane in 1913, for Park Presbyterian Church, South Brisbane. Additions were made in 1948 by Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane. Installed in new Park Presbyterian Church, Highgate Hill, 1952 by Whitehouse Brothers. It has 2 manuals, 12 speaking stops and tubular-pneumatic action. Removed to storage at St Patrick's Catholic Cathedral, Toowoomba c.1998 by W.J. Simon Pierce of Brisbane.
A full description can bee seen here.
1. Church Website.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia.