Hurlstone Park, NSW - St Stephenos Greek Orthodox (10066)
Year Built: 1924
Denomination: Greek Orthodox
Previous Denomination: Anglican
Last Updated: 24/11/2021
History and Architecture:
The church building was purchased from the Anglican Church in 1984 and refurbished for Orthodox worship with the financial assistance of the parishioners. The official opening was blessed by His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos on Sunday 9th May 1999. The foundation stone of the original church was laid by Deborah Louise Vickery on 31 May 1924.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1924 -||Rev George Alexander Chambers||A||1877||1963|
|1928 - 1936||Rev David Herman Rettick||A Curate||1894||1961|
|1936 - 1945||Rev George Peppin Ware||A||1877||1947|
|1947 - 1962||Rev Norman Basil Minty||A||1912||1986|
|1962 - 1970||Rev Edward John Storey||A||1913||1991|
|1970 -||Rev Charles Maurice Gilhespy||A||1913||1974|
|-||Father Panagiotis Baskoutas|
|-||Father Zacharias Dardarneliotis|
|-||Father John Combis|
|-||Father Nicholas Bozikis|
|2011 - 2021||Father Stavros Ivanos|
|2021 -||Father Nectarios Joannou|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clergy Index.
2. Church website.