Inglewood, VIC - St Mary's Catholic
Year Built: 1905
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Dja Dja Wurrung people
Last Updated: 19/02/2023
History and Architecture:
A Historical plaque reads, "The Very Reverend Dean Hayes of Sandhurst opened the first church on his site, a timber structure serving as a church and a school on November 8th 1866.The present red brick church was built in 1905 and the opening ceremony and blessing held on December 17th 1905 by the most Reverend Dr. Reville, Bishop of Sandhurst. Messrs. Keogh and Austin, architects of Bendigo, designed the church, the building contractor being Mr. Luff. The total cost of the church was in the order of £2770".
A Foundation stone reads, "For the greater Glory of God this stone was laid by The Most Rev Joseph Higgins D.D. Bishop of Ballarat on the 16th July 1905. The Rev D. R. Howell Pastor".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1905 -||Father D. R. Howell|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.