Inverell, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1903

Denomination: Uniting

Address: 21 Rivers Street, Inverell, New South Wales, 2360

Previous Denomination: Methodist

Architect: Herbert E. Ross

Traditional Owners: Kamilaroi people

Last Updated: 22/02/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger


History and Architecture:

A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by John McCrea Esq 1903".

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1906 - 1908 Rev W. J. Walker M
1908 - 1910 Rev W. M. Atkinson M
1910 - 1913 Rev W. M. Hall M
1913 - 1916 Rev J. S. Thomas M
1916 - 1920 Rev Arthur W. Parton M
1920 - 1922 Rev J. Egan Moulton M
1923 - 1924 Rev W. Stewart Locum
1922 - 1924 Rev H. T. Williams M
1924 - 1928 Rev G. S. Udy M 1886 1959
1928 - 1931 Rev S. Arthur Pill M 1885 1949
1931 - 1934 Rev William H. D. Butler M
1934 - 1938 Rev Arthur J. Keeling M 1894 1985
1945 - 1949 Rev Philip H. Bolte M
1949 - 1953 Rev John F. Hayes M 1900 1965
1954 - 1960 Rev William G. Hardie M 1901 1963
1960 - Rev Kenyon J. McSkimming M
1974 - 1980 Rev K. B. Annesley U
1981 - 1982 Rev J. A. Skyes U
1983 - 1984 Rev D. E. Miller U
1983 - 1993 Rev John S. Scott U
1985 - Rev R. McDonald U Locum

Organ:

The organ was built by Whitehouse Brothers in 1927-29 at a cost of £1,300.2 It was erected in memory of Richard Wearne Nicholas (1845-1926), a Lay Preacher and Trustee of the church. It has 2 manuals, 15 speaking stops, tubular-pneumatic action. It was electrified in 1957 by Whitehouse Brohers of Brisbane. 2 manuals, 15 speaking stops, electro-pneumatic action.
For a full description click here.

Source:

1. Methodist Church of Australasia Ministerial Index.
2. Gems for his Kingdom, an amazing journey of Methodism and the Uniting Church, Celebrating the 100th Anniversary.
3. Ryerson Index.
4. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.