Invermay, TAS - St Finn Barr's Catholic

Year Built: 1954

Denomination: Roman Catholic

Address: 122 Invermay Road, Invermay, Tasmania, 7248

Architect: Unknown

Last Updated: 07/10/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger


History and Architecture:

A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was blessed and laid by his race the Most Rev E.V. Tweedy D.D. Archbishop of Hobart on 14th February 1954 W.T. Ryan Parish Priest". A second stone on a brick post reads, " These status were erected by parishioners of St Finn Barrs parish to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of the Parish Priest the Rev Father W.T. Ryan 7th Dec 1955".

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
- Dean Hennessy 1939
- Dean Upton
- Father P. Adlum 1946
1954 - 1977 Father W. T. Ryan
1977 - Father Hugh Shearer
1994 - 2001 Father Wifred Egan
2001 - Father Richard Ross

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Source:

1. Priceless Heritage, W.T. Southerwood.