Iona, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic
Year Built: 1940
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 16/01/2023
History and Architecture:
The first church was constructed in 1900 and followed by a convent for the Sisters of St Joseph in 1914. A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This church was blessed and opened by the Most Rev D. Mannix D.D.L.L.D Archbishop of Melbourne 14th April 1940 Revd P. Cremin P.P.".
A Foundation stone on the church hall next door reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was blessed by His Grace The Most Rev D. Mannix D.D. Archbishop of Melbourne 21st October 1928. Rev D. Joyce Pastor".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1905 - 1913||Father James Byrne|
|1928 -||Pastor D. Joyce|
|1940 -||Father Patrick Cremin||1947|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.