Junee, NSW - St Luke's Anglican
Year Built: 1889
Address: 26 Denison Street, Junee, New South Wales, 2663
Last Updated: 25/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The Church was built of brick with a shingle roof in 1889 from designs by A Blackett son of E.T. Blackett. In 1911 the chancel and vestries were added and from time to time other improvements have been effected. The Church was licenced on 11/11/1889 by Bishop Thomas. It was consecrated on 29/11/1898 by Bishop Barlow. The east window is a memorial to T. W. Hammond inserted in 1889. Two windows in the nave of inferior design and execution commemorate the jubilee of Queen Victoria and represent the Queen and the Prince Consort. Two brass altar candlesticks were given to the Church in 1918 by Sergeant Whitehouse.
A Church hall was built in 1925 at the north side. The original shingle roof replaced in c1955.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1880 - 1882||Rev Thomas Watson||Curate||1841||1923|
|1897 - 1897||Rev William Francis Burnett Hoysted||Lay Reader||1870||1948|
|1910 - 1911||Rev James Mann Thomas||Curate||1875||1961|
|1913 - 1913||Rev Henry Harry Hawkins||Curate||1887||1960|
|1914 - 1915||Rev Alan Bailey Wyrill||Curate||1870||1948|
|1916 - 1918||Rev Percy William Bramble||Curate|
|1917 - 1950||Rev Henry Staples||1884||1960|
|1920 - 1921||Rev Wilfred Vernon Fisher||Curate||1887||1960|
|1922 - 1923||Rev Harold James Mills||Deacon||1891||1976|
|1925 - 1926||Rev Hugh Alfred Morton||Asst||1896||1937|
|1930 - 1931||Mr Henry James Dobb||Lay Reader||1909||1941|
|1931 - 1932||Rev Ronald Arthur Johnson||Curate||1908||1983|
|1934 - 1935||Rev Walter Eric Woodrow||Asst||1904||1983|
|1935 - 1936||Rev Frederick John Dau||Curate||1911||1987|
|1935 - 1938||Rev Walter James Daniels||Curate||1905||1980|
|1938 - 1938||Rev Harold Alfred Graham||Curate||1914||1979|
|1939 - 1941||Rev Frederick John Dau||Asst||1911||1987|
|1941 - 1942||Rev Brian Strong Kugleman||1914||2000|
|1950 - 1968||Rev George Alfred Nell||1900||1989|
|1959 - 1958||Rev James Lewis Tregea||1929|
|1975 -||Rev Milos Ledl||Asst||1927|
|1978 - 1982||Rev William Charles Pryce|
|1996 -||Rev C. W. Cole||1945|
|2012 -||Rev Ian Forsyth|
No further information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. History of the Diocese of Goulburn. Ransome T. Wyatt
2. The Australian Anglican Directory 2000.
3. Cable Clergy Index.