Kaniva, VIC - Presbyterian (20441)
Year Built: 1863
Last Updated: 23/02/2020
History and Architecture:
In the Wimmera the first know church service was held at the Nhill Station Homestead by Reverend James Clow in 1848.
In 1863, and on the 7th January, the first Presbytery of Wimmera met and was constituted with the Revs. James Megaw of Ararat, Patrick Simpson of Horsham, Mr Daniel Hill McMurtrie of the Lake Hindwtrsh Charge, and William Matthew of Pleasant Creek.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1888 - 1891||Rev J. Garde|
|1891 - 1893||Rev Agnew|
|1893 -||Rev Houston|
|1893 - 1894||Rev R.W. McLean|
|1894 -||Rev John Barnaby|
|1894 -||Rev Thomas Larard|
|1927 - 1929||Rev W.G. Lewis|
|1929 - 1937||Rev W.M. Dykes|
|1937 - 1939||Rev W.M. Strathie|
|1939 -||Rev W.M. Johnstone|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
St John's Presbyterian Church Kaniva, A Century of Service 1889 - 1999