Katanning, WA - Anglican (9055)
Last Updated: 20/07/2020
History and Architecture:
The Hon. F H Piesse laid the foundation stone for the church hall on 27th March 1911, on a site adjacent to the existing St Andrew's Church. The architect was E Summerhayes. The hall was used weekly for parish meetings, dances, fundraisers and various other activities.
The hall is primarily significant in terms of its relationship to St Andrew's Church, which is the oldest remaining church in Katanning. The functions and events, which occurred in the hall, contributed very much to the social and religious life of the people of Katanning, in particular the large Anglican community. The style of the hall is uncommon in Anglican architecture of the period and is commonly found in non-conformist religious architecture.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1892 - 1893||Rev James Orchard||1841||1908|
|1893 - 1894||Rev Thomas Phillips||1840||1921|
|1895 -||Rev John Ellis||Locum||1847||1909|
|1896 -||Rev Joseph Baldwin Chaplin||1867||1948|
|1898 - 1899||Rev James Abner Howes||Curate||1866||1934|
|1899 - 1904||Rev James Abner Howes||1866||1934|
|1912 -||Rev John Frewer||Locum||1883||1974|
|1913 - 1930||Rev William Burbidge||1871||1962|
|1945 - 1948||Rev Reginald Thomas Arrantash||1912||2004|
|1958 - 1960||Rev George Victor Johnson||1903||1974|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Wilfrid Elliott Henn||1903||1987|
|1976 -||Rev Wilfrid Elliott Henn||Locum||1903||1987|
|1976 - 1981||Rev John Edwin Williams||1921|
|1998 -||Rev John Cressett Thursby Pelham|
|2020 -||Rev Lindy Rookyard|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.