Keith, SA - Trinity Lutheran (30008)

Year Built: 1959

Denomination: Lutheran

Address: Poplar Street, Keith, South Australia, 5267

Last Updated: 02/01/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The first Lutheran's recorded in the Keith area were that of J August Rohde's family in 1888. Between then and 1948 a visiting Pastor conducted services in the Keith area. Between then and the close of the Second World War there is no records of Lutheran activities in the Keith area.

The first substantive service was held on 15 August 1948 in the home of Mr Vorkwerk and presided over by Pastor J.F. Hansen of Naracoorte. After a service in 1950 it was decided to establish a congregation with just 17 baptised members, and six communicants.

By 1954 two blocks of land had been offered by Mr Morton and Mr Hansen which were side by side for a church building. The building was to be 35 x 18 x 10. The Foundation stone was laid on 4 January 1959 and was dedicated on 20 December of the same year.

In 1993 it was decided to expand the church to cater for the congregation and work commenced in April of 1995.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1940 - 1946 Pastor J.F.M Hansen IM
1946 - 1951 Pastor E.V.C McKenzie IM
1951 - 1954 Pastor N.E. Weiss IM
1955 - 1959 Pastor C.H. Zweck IM
1960 - 1961 Pastor J.F. Hansen IM
1961 - 1965 Pastor H.C. Mattiske IM
1965 - 1966 Pastor W.K. Harms IM
1967 - 1968 Pastor N.C. Keller LCA
1968 - 1971 Pastor T.J. Zweck LCA
1972 - 1984 Pastor G.H. Maas LCA
1994 - 1998 Pastor M.W. Brinkmann LCA
1999 - Pastor A.C. Bettison LCA

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.