Kew East, VIC - St Paul's Anglican (21060)
Year Built: 1960
Last Updated: 27/01/2022
History and Architecture:
St Paul’s Parish Hall, built in 1925 represents the first building for the newly created parochial district of East Kew after its split from the districts of Holy Trinity and St Hilary’s in Kew. St Paul’s Parish Hall, built in 1925 represents the first building for the newly created parochial district of East Kew after its split from the districts of Holy Trinity and St Hilary’s in Kew. The 1960 church by Earle and Bunbury is a good example of a Modern Post-war church in the round.
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Immortal and Invisible King of Ages to the only God be honour and glory for ever. This stone was laid by the Most Reverend Frank Woods M.A. D.D. Lord Archbishop of Melbourne on August 28th 1960. Arthur Bunbury and Associates Architects - T.R. and L. Cockram Builders. The Reverend W.S. Milne Vicar".
A Foundation stone on the old church building reads in part, " This stone was laid by his Grace the Archbishop of Melbourne March 7th 1925 - K.H. Oliphant A.P. Via Architect - W T Reeve Vicar".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1924 - 1930||Rev William Thomas Reeve||1889||1948|
|1927 -||Rev Robert Darbyshire Roberts||Curate||1865||1944|
|1930 - 1938||Rev Edwin James Durance||1885||1943|
|1939 - 1947||Rev Ernest Thomas Leslie||1877||1965|
|1947 - 1951||Rev Egan Moulton Eggleston||1907||1992|
|1951 - 1958||Rev Aubury Winter Singleton||1913||1997|
|1958 -||Rev William Somerville Milne||1902||1968|
|1979 - 1983||Rev Geoffrey Edgar Moorhouse||1913||1993|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Information on the church history and clergy dates of service is welcomed.
1. Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study, August 20201.
2. Cable Clergy Index.