Korumburra, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic (20287)
Year Built: 1939
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 26/03/2022
History and Architecture:
A timber church had been built in 1893 when Fr. Coyne was parish priest.
The new church was under the jurisdiction of the parish priest of Dandenong and even though half of the town and a great area of the country east and north of the town was still in the Warragul parish, in effect this area was lost to the parish because of the proximity of the Korumburra church. After serving the parish for some forty-six years the old church was replaced by the present imposing brick structure. It was blessed by Archbishop Mannix of Melbourne on December 10th, 1939.
The Foundation stone was laid on 10 December 1939 by the Most Reverend D Mannix Archbishop of Melbourne.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1893 -||Father Coyne|
|2019 ? -||Father Aju Varghese|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Catholic Church in Warragal LH 282.9456 BOUR