Langwarrin, VIC - St Thomas' Anglican (20294)
Year Built: 1960
Last Updated: 12/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The original church was a former World War 1 army hut. By 1960 it was decided to look at constructing a new church. A substantial donation by Nevil Shute Norway helped in the process. The Foundation stone was laid on 8 September 1963 by R.W. Dann B.A. The Architects were Wystan Widdows and David Caldwell. The church was built by John Wolt and staff.
The opening of the church took place on 29 August 1964.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1963 -||Rev Peter Daryl Kissick|
|1975 - 1981||Rev A. S Hoskin||1941|
|1982 - 1991||Rev Richard Henry Peters||1939|
|1992 - 1997||Rev M J. Lamont||1956|
|1994 - 1995||Rev Craig Lewis Broman||Asst|
|2010 -||Rev James Connor|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Church of St Thomas Langwarrin, a Potted construction History
2. The Australian Anglican Directory 2000.