Launceston, TAS - Lutheran (7072)

Denomination: Lutheran

Address: 25 Frankland Street, Launceston, Tasmania, 7250

Last Updated: 30/03/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The first divine service was conducted in St. Andrew’s Sunday School hall. The first divine service was conducted in St. Andrew’s Sunday School hall. In the early fifties, services were conducted once a month, in German and English. There were only five members then. Some of the early attenders were Mrs A Woodman, Mrs Bartley, Mr H Trey and his mother, and A Buttery.

For a full History visit the Church website here

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1949 - 1950 Pastor W. H Peach
1950 - 1951 Pastor J M Georg
1952 - 1955 Pastor A. W. Wundersitz
1956 - 1959 Pastor L. H Grieger
1959 - 1965 Pastor R C Thiele
1966 - 1970 Pastor R J. Kempe
1971 - 1975 Pastor J. B Schultz LCA
1976 - 1977 Pastor R L Voigt LCA
1979 - 1981 Pastor R. J. Burger LCA
1982 - 1987 Pastor J. E Thiel LCA
1988 - 1995 Pastor D P Koehne LCA
1995 - Pastor W. R Muschamp LCA
2020? - Pastor Stuart Kleinig LCA

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Contributions:

1. Lutheran Historical Society
2. The Church website