Lyndoch, SA - Baptist
Year Built: 1862
Address: 9 Kauffman Avenue, Lyndoch, South Australia, 5351
Traditional Owners: Peramangk and Kaurna people
Last Updated: 03/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The church was built in 1862 and opened on 31 August of that year.
The Lyndoch Baptist Congregation was formed in 1859, but their original place of worship outside the township was sold to the St Jakobi Lutheran Congregation in 1862 and the present church built at a cost of £310. During the early years of worship George Fife Ang as subsidised the congregation to the extent of £50 per annum. The associated manse was built in 1866 for £500.
Extensions to the church building include the 1906 vestry and classroom, the 1917 kindergarten hall and the 1918 porch. This is a small Barossa ironstone hall type church with a transept to the rear. The Manse was added in 1866.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
SA Heritage Survey