Marburg, QLD - All Saints Anglican
Year Built: 1891
Saint: All Saints
Address: 111 Queen Street, Marburg, Queensland, 4346
Traditional Owners: Jagera people
Last Updated: 04/09/2022
History and Architecture:
The first church was built at the corner of Seminary Road and the Warrego Highway on land donated by Thomas Smith. The successful tender was submitted by Mr Luder. The dedication service took place on 5 July 1891 and was consecrated by the Bishop of Brisbane the Right Reverend William Weber.
By 1948 discussions were held to move the church into the town but this did not occur until 1956 when a piece of land was purchased. The last service was held on 22 May 1977 and the church was relocated and opened on 22 October 1978 due to a highway bypass road using some of the land where the church was intitally located.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|-||Rev Wyndham Madden|
|1901 - 1903||Rev Edward Creton|
|1903 - 1905||Rev Cannon Gradwell|
|1905 - 1906||Rev Alfred King|
|1906 - 1908||Rev Wyndham Selfe Heathcote||1862||1955|
|1908 - 1911||Rector A. E. Atkins|
|1911 - 1912||Rev J. S. Needham|
|1912 - 1916||Rev T. Hely Wilson|
|1916 - 1921||Rev G. Neal|
|1921 - 1923||Rev T. Edwards|
|1923 - 1925||Rev T. H. Clark|
|1925 - 1933||Rev A. W. Gilbert|
|1933 - 1940||Rev H. Saull|
|1940 - 1949||Rev J. H. Smith|
|1949 - 1953||Rev A. C. Haysom|
|1954 - 1962||Rev H. E. Hunt|
|1962 - 1968||Rev R. L. Newman|
|1968 - 1970||Rev G. L. White|
|1970 - 1975||Rev D. B. Bartholomeusz|
|1975 - 1978||Rev Peter Lockyer|
|1978 - 1983||Rev John Magee|
|1983 - 1985||Rev Ian Cragg|
|1985 - 1990||Rev Les Fernance|
|1990 -||Rev Edsil McCutcheon|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. All Saints Anglican Church Marburg Centenary Booklet 1891 - 1991. P 283.9433 BEACI