Miranda, NSW - Congregational

Denomination: Congregational

Address: 99 Kiora Road, Miranda, New South Wales, 2228

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Dharawal people

Last Updated: 21/05/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)


History and Architecture:

The St George Call (Kogarah, NSW : 1904 - 1957) Sat 7 Sep 1918 reads, " Last Saturday afternoon the Congre-gationalists of Miranda witnessed the laying of the foundation stone of what promises to be a fine church for the locality. The stones were laid by Mrs. N. J. Cocks, M.A., Rev. N. S. Robinson (the present pastor), Mr. W. G. Judd, and Mr. J. Nelson (a pioneer deacon). The large gathering was presided over by Rev. W. Patison (superintendent of the Congregational Home Missions)".

A Foundation stone for the current Church building reads, " This Church officially opened by Rev R.A. Best President Fellowship of Congregational Churches and dedicated to the Glory of God on 4th May 1991. Pastor Rev Ole Petersen".

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1895 - Rev R. J. Cocks From Kogara
1897 - Rev B. Williams
1991 - Pastor Ole Petersen
2024 - Rev Stuart Crawshaw approx date

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Contributions:

1. 2024 Simon Saunders church photos

Source:

1. TROVE St George Call (Kogarah, NSW : 1904 - 1957) Sat 7 Sep 1918