Murray Bridge, SA - Holy Cross Lutheran (30026)
Year Built: 1909
Last Updated: 11/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The first services were held in a local schoolhouse and then for two years in one of the local halls. The first Holy Cross church was erected in 1909 at the corner of Clara and McHenry Streets and was used up until 1925. The foundation stone was laid in May by Pastor Appelt and the church was dedicated on 31 October 1909.
The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 8 February 1925.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1900 - 1903||Pastor C. F Strempel||IM|
|1900 - 1906||Pastor E. P.G. Kriewaldt||IM|
|1900 - 1906||Pastor A E.R. Brauer||IM|
|1907 - 1916||Pastor W J.E. Appelt||IM|
|1916 - 1939||Pastor J F.M. Hansen||IM|
|1939 - 1957||Pastor R H Eckermann||IM|
|1958 - 1967||Pastor P B Zweck||IM|
|1968 - 1969||Pastor J. C Pfitzner||LCA|
|1970 - 1974||Pastor Walter John Hoopmann||LCA||1918||2009|
|1975 - 1979||Pastor D R Burger||LCA|
|1980 - 1987||Pastor J R Kathage||LCA|
|1988 - 1993||Pastor G R Harms||LCA|
|1990 - 1998||Pastor G R Hodgson||LCA|
|1993 - 1995||Pastor Leonard O. Gerschwitz||LCA|
|1999 -||Pastor J. E Thiel||LCA|
|2009 -||Pastor D Christian||LCA|
|2020 -||Pastor Paul Calnan||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Lutheran Church Archives SA.