Narrandera, NSW - St John's Uniting (10207)
Year Built: 1907
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Last Updated: 01/05/2021
History and Architecture:
Formerly a Presbyterian church the foundation stone was laid on 4 April 1907. A donation of £3,000 guineas was made by Sir Samuel McCaughey MLC towards the construction of the church. The church was opened on 28 February 1908.
The Church was designed by Melbourne architects, Campbell and Kernot, and built between 1907 and 1908 by W and C Bundock.
The church is in the Federation Gothic style simplified to fit the doctrine of the Westminster Confession of the Presbyterian Church. It has a cruciform roof plan with shallow, equal arms on a square base free of columns, the four corners are occupied by the tower and entrance porches or small rooms, giving an indistinct cruciform to the main space. Exterior walls are of local, red clay bricks with sandstone banding and carved details.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1907 -||Rev W. H. Bradley|
|2012 -||Rev Maile Molitika|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.