Nhill, VIC - St Patrick's Catholic (20219)
Year Built: 1899
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 06/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The original church was destroyed by a cyclone on 19 November 1897. Plans for a new church were supplied by Michael Ryan. Brickwork was carried out by W.A. Lamber and James Fyvie, carpentry and plumbing by W.G. Gunn and the bricks were supplied by Sawyer and Co of Horsham.
Work commenced in August 1898 and the dedication service ok place on 5 March 1899.
In 1936 a church hall was donated by Dr Thomas Ryan brother of J.P. Ryan and other members of his extended family.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1889 - 1896||Father Dean D.R. Howell||1944|
|1896 - 1899||Father D Foley|
|1899 - 1900||Father R Riordon|
|1900 - 1917||Father M. Jones||1949|
|1917 - 1931||Father M D Daly||1948|
|1931 -||Father William McGrath||1965|
|1936 - 1938||Father C. Healy||1981|
|1938 - 1939||Father M. Philbin||1977|
|1939 - 1941||Father P. Callaghan||1962|
|1941 - 1942||Father Timothy Daly||1978|
|1942 - 1945||Father T. Linane||1991|
|1945 - 1950||Father William McGrath||1965|
|1946 - 1950||Father V. Spraules|
|1950 - 1957||Father P. Callaghan||1962|
|1954 - 1958||Father E. O'Brien|
|1958 -||Father P. Culiigan|
|1958 - 1965||Father T. Linane||1991|
|1965 - 1966||Father D Dunne||1996|
|1966 - 1967||Monsignor F McKenzie||1999|
|1967 - 1970||Father P. Bohan||2008|
|1970 -||Father J Farrell|
|1975 -||Father M. O'ole|
|1975 - 1978||Father P. Brennan|
|1978 - 1984||Father P McGuire|
|1984 - 1987||Father W van de Camp|
|1987 - 1988||Father K. O'Brien|
|1988 -||Father W O'Halloran|
The current organ, when used in the church was donated by a parishioner.