North Melbourne, VIC - St Michael's Catholic
Year Built: 1907
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: Corner Dryburgh & Brougham Streets, North Melbourne, Victoria, 3051
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 05/07/2022
History and Architecture:
The Church was designed by the Melbourne Architects Grainger, Kennedy and Little. The Architects drawing's show a spire on the corner and mulit coloured brick work across the facade. The spire was never built. The cost of the building was 7,250 and was built by Tom Saunders of Carlton.
The Foundation stone was laid in June 1907 and the Church was opened in December of the same year and was opened on the first Sunday in December 1907. On the day the foundation stone was laid Archbishop Carr saw to it that two copies of the Catholic newpapers of the time were placed under the stone.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|-||Father V Arthur|
|-||Father P J. Aylard|
|-||Father G Beasley|
|-||Father Bleasdale - more details||1821||1884|
|-||Father F Bourke|
|-||Father K Burke|
|-||Father D Burnard|
|-||Father A. C Caffarella|
|-||Father A Calleja|
|2020 ? -||Father Joseph Ngoc Tan|
In 1911 a Fincham Organ was installed in the Organ loft.
Prince of Angels. The story of St Michael's Church North Melbourne. 1907 - 2007. Lorna Hannan