Northcote, VIC - St Cyril & Methody Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox
Year Built: 1927
Denomination: Eastern Orthodox
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 11/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The Church of the Epiphany was opened in April 1927. The church was designed by Louis R. William, one of Melbourne's leading church architects. C.A. Winwood was the builder. The estimated cost was 10,000. The Foundation stone was laid on 18 December 1926 by the Most Reverend Harrington Clare Lees D.D Archbishop of Melbourne.
In 1966 the Church of England discontinued its services due to dwindling numbers. The Eastern Orthodox Church took possession of the building and it is now the home to the Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1926 -||Rev Thomas Cole||A||1884||1975|
|2020 -||Pastor Alexander Popov|
Built in 1931 by George Fincham & Sons Pty Ltd and enlarged in 1940. For more information click here.