Northcote, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic (20938)
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 25/05/2021
History and Architecture:
The first Northcote Catholic Church services were held in 1891 in a small wooden church in Arthurton Road.
In 1897 a more suitable site for a church was chosen and on January 15 1899, St Josephs was opened at 140 Westbourne Grove, Ruckers Hill.
A Foundation stone in Latin reads in part, A.M.D.G. Revd Thomas Joseph Carr Archbishop of Melbourne on 20th August 1916, Architect C.W. Van Heems, H Jones Builder".
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.