Orange, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican
Year Built: 1879
Address: Anson Street, New South Wales, 2800
Architect: Thomas Rowe
Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri people
Last Updated: 23/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The design is of High Victorian Gothic Revival and the Architect was Thomas Rowe. Erected in 1879 with the steeple being completed in 1924.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1908 - 1912||Rev William Tait||1851||1925|
|1909 - 1928||Rev Hugh Walker Taylor||1856||1928|
|1934 - 1935||Rev Leonard Daniel Steinhauser||Asst||1903||1954|
|1952 - 1968||Rev Gordon Harvey Smee||1913||2010|
The Organ was built in 1911 by British Pianoforte Company. It was rebuilt in 1955 by S.T. Noad. It has 2m., 20 sp.st., 12c., el.pn. Gt: 184.108.40.206.4.2. Sw: 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.8. Ped: 16.16.10-2/3.8.8.
A full description can be seen here.
1. Cable Clerical Index.
2. Aussie Towns website.
3. Organ Historical Trust of Australia.