Paddinton, QLD - Ithaca Presbytrian

Year Built: 1927

Denomination: Presbyterian

Address: 100 Enogerra Terrace, Paddington, Queensland, 4064

Architect: A.B. and R.M. Wilson

Traditional Owners: Turrbal people

Last Updated: 02/09/2022

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger


History and Architecture:

A Gothic style church it was completed in 1928. In 1914-15 the name of the congregation was changed from Enoggera Terrace to Ithaca. In 1919 the Queensland Presbyterian Church purchased the property at 100 Enoggera Terrace and presented it to the Ithaca congregation. In April 1922, the congregation of the Ithaca Presbyterian Church, led by Rev James Gibson.

In November 1927 the congregation accepted the tender of builder H.J. Erb for £8,000 for the erection of a new church. It was designed in Gothic Style by the prominent architectural firm A.B. and R.M. Wilson.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1922 - Rev James Gibson
2022 - Rev Ian Spence
2022 - Rev Jayesh Naran

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.