Parkside, SA - Baptist
Year Built: 1880
Address: 100 Young Street, Parkside, South Australia, 5063
Traditional Owners: Kaurna people
Last Updated: 28/10/2020
History and Architecture:
On the 26th of March in 1880 at the half yearly meeting of the SA Baptist Association held at Mitcham, a committee was appointed to take action in relation to the establishment of a Baptist interest in the growing suburb of Parkside.
Land was eventually purchased for a cost of £263 and plans discussed for building the chapel. As the church expanded additions and alterations were made over the years. By 1883 the Hall referred to as the Lecture Hall was built, the small room knows as "his place" was built in 1898 and the kindergarten and two small rooms added in 1912.
The church was opened for worship on December the 5th 1880.
For more information see the church website here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1880 - 1893||Rev S. Fairey|
|1894 - 1902||Rev R. M. McCullough|
|1903 - 1904||Rev W. J. Eddy|
|1908 - 1919||Rev A. H Collins|
|1920 - 1922||Rev A. J. Parker|
|1922 - 1930||Rev B. E.C. Tuck|
|1931 - 1933||Rev N. R. Hill|
|1934 - 1941||Rev L. G. Bond|
|1941 - 1943||Rev A. L. Burrow|
|1943 - 1944||Rev A. C. Hill|
|1944 - 1947||Rev A. H. Betteridge|
|1948 - 1955||Rev C. R. Hutchinson|
|1956 - 1961||Rev A. L. Burrow|
|1958 - 1959||Rev E. T. Brailey||Interim|
|1961 - 1962||Rev N. Young||Interim|
|1962 - 1963||Rev G. Reimers||Interim|
|1963 - 1968||Rev L Williams|
|1968 - 1972||Rev G. Hutchinson|
|1973 - 1974||Rev N. Young||Interim|
|1974 -||Rev B. Manuel|
|1980 -||Mr Russell Bartlett|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Parkside Baptist Church Centenary, 1880 - 1980 To God be the Glory. SA 286.194231 P252 1980