Pascoe Vale South, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1959
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 07/07/2023
History and Architecture:
In 1911 the Presbyterian Church held its first services conducted in the Pascoe Vale area in two school rooms, rented on Sundays, on the corner of Cumberland Road and Gaffney Street. In 1930 a temporary church building was opened on the corner of Bell Street and Wills Street and was named St Andrew’s Bell Street West Presbyterian Church. In 1931 the building was moved around the corner to the present site on the corner of Cumberland Road and Westgate Street and replaced in 1932.
A Foundation stone reads in part, "To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Margaret A. Simnett & Charles Leslie Rogers 26 September 1959 ??? Reed Architect, Minister ???? Builder K McNamara".
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Church website.