Rosanna, VIC - St Martin of Tours Catholic (20673)
Year Built: 1973
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung people
Last Updated: 28/05/2022
History and Architecture:
The idea of a Church in Rosanna was formed on the Macleod railway station in 1954 and the first meeting of the Macleod Catholic building group was held in the pavilion of the Macleod Rosanna football ground.
Early services were held in the Rosanna Macleod RSL hall.
Search for a parish site began in early 1956. Four blocks of land in Braidhill Road which were already owned by the archdiocese were examined but considered too small to act as parish sites.
The current church was built and blessed in 1973.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1956 - 1970||Father Kevin Williams|
|1966 - 1970||Father Joseph Brown||Asst|
|1970 - 1972||Father William Gill||Asst|
|1970 - 1975||Father Thomas McCarthy|
|1973 - 1974||Father Frank O'Connor||Asst|
|1974 - 1975||Father John Riordon||Asst|
|1975 -||Father Ernest Smith||Asst|
|1975 - 1977||Father Barry Tobin||Asst|
|1975 - 1978||Father Kevin Manning||2011|
|1977 - 1978||Father Michael Wilson||Asst|
|1978 - 1980||Father R Murphy|
|1978 - 1980||Father Tony Griffith||Asst|
|1980 - 1981||Father Brian Glasheen||Asst|
|1980 - 1993||Father D L Gannon|
|1982 - 1983||Father Kevin Eaton||Asst|
|1983 - 1986||Father Colin Bourke||Asst|
|1986 - 1987||Father Barry Steen||Asst|
|1987 - 1990||Father Joseph Doolan||Asst|
|1990 - 1991||Father Terry Wade||Asst|
|1991 - 1992||Father Michael Fitzpatrick||Asst|
|1993 - 1993||Father Peter Robinson|
|2019 ? -||Father Michael O'Connell|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Trains, Trials and Triumphs Celebrating 50 years of the Parish of St Martin of Tours SLTF 282.9451