Rosedale, SA - Trinity Lutheran (30175)
Year Built: 1860
Last Updated: 03/01/2021
History and Architecture:
During the first two years, services were held in the barn of Vater Peutscher, opposite the old cemetery.
The Rosenthal Lutheran Congregation was formed in 1850 by Pastor E Meyer of Bethany.
A small church was built of sun dried bricks in 1852; this was replaced by the present church in 1860 and the tower added in 1910. It is a simple rendered hall church with square tower and spire attached to the front. The hall section has been rendered and lined, but the tower retains its face bluestone and red brick dressings and quoins.
The church of was first called St Martin, but is now known as Trinity. It was dedicated in 1860. Division soon after led to the formation of a second church, St John’s, that was to coexist for the next 40 years.
The cemetery retains some early graves and continues in use. Behind the Church is the State Heritage Registered Schuster House.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1849 - 1855||Pastor H A.E. Mayer|
|1855 - 1897||Pastor P J. Oster||ELSA||1830||1897|
|1899 - 1904||Pastor J M.R. Ey II||ELSA||1870||1904|
|1905 - 1956||Pastor J W. Georg||ELSA|
|1957 - 1962||Pastor S P Schwarz||ELSA|
|1963 - 1968||Pastor E C.V. Mackenzie||ELSA|
|1969 - 1973||Pastor T G. Obst||LCA|
|1973 - 1980||Pastor E. C Hempel||LCA|
|1980 - 1987||Pastor J. G. Bryan||LCA|
|1987 - 1992||Pastor J Jormakka||LCA|
|1993 - 2000||Pastor G N Zweck||LCA|
|2000 -||Pastor P B. Hage||LCA|
|2019 -||Pastor Peter Ziersch||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Lutheran Church Historical Society.