Sale, VIC - St Columba's Uniting
Year Built: 1958
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Architect: Keith Reid
Traditional Owners: Gunaikurnai people
Last Updated: 23/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The first Presbyterian service was held on 29 January 1854 at the Woolpack Inn, Sale.1 A permanent church building was erected in 1859 and this was demolished in 1972.
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God in Thankful Remembrance of the Presbyterian Pioneers of Gippsland this stone was set by Charles Cyril Login a Grandson of the first Minister and a member of this Congregation 7th May 1955. Architect Keith Reid Builder Denzil Black".
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
The Organ was built in 1968 by Laurie Pipe Organs Pty Ltd. It has 2 manuals, 18 speaking stops (7 ranks extended), 2 couplers, electro-pneumatic action.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Organ Historical trust of Australia with permission.