Sanford, TAS - St Martin's Uniting (8178)
Year Built: 1924
Last Updated: 09/01/2022
History and Architecture:
A dedication service was held on 28th of September 1924 with over 200 persons including the Bishop of Tasmania the Rt Reverend E Hay attending. The building was 48ft in length, and 23ft in width exclusive of the vestry and porch. The ceiling and furniture was of polished Tasmanian with two stained glassed windows.
The church is now in private hands.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1921 - 1930||Rev Henry Charles Brammall||1871||1952|
|1931 - 1936||Rev Vivian Herbert C Gill||1900||1965|
|1936 - 1946||Rev Alfred Edwin Biggs||1893||1974|
|1946 - 1951||Rev Andrew Frank Thomas|
|1952 - 1963||Rev Thomas Alfred Cloudsdale||1915||1968|
|1963 - 1966||Rev Oswald Carl Finkelde|
|1966 - 1976||Rev Charles Derwent Fehre|
|1976 - 1982||Rev Charles C Ruddock|
|1984 - 1988||Rev Marie Kingston||Deacon|
|1989 - 1993||Rev David Edmondson|
|1993 - 1999||Rev Patricia M Crawshaw|
|2000 - 2006||Rev Stephen Savage|
|2007 - 2013||Rev Robert Stanley|
|2014 -||Rev Helen Phiilips|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Martin's Church Sanford 90th Anniversary booklet 26th September 2014 compled by Cecily Dougan. 283.099462 DOU.