Scottsdale, TAS - St Barnabas Anglican
Address: 57 King Street, Scottsdale, Tasmania, 7260
Traditional Owners: Pyemmairrener people
Last Updated: 24/04/2023
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone on Church Hall reads, " This stone was laid by His Excellency Sir W.G. Ellison MaCartney P.C. KOMC Govenor of Tasmania 18th Feb 1916. C.W. Wilson B.A. Rector".
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1899 - 1890||Mr Clement Dowling||Lay Reader||1840||1906|
|1903 - 1908||Rev Stephen Percy Hatherton Martin||Deacon||1872||1957|
|1905 - 1909||Rev Henry Finter|
|1916 -||Rev C. W. Wilson|
|1924 -||Rev Walter Hooker||Curate||1870||1936|
|1935 - 1949||Rev William Harold Macfarlane||1884||1963|
|1949 - 1951||Rev John Lovett May||1914||2010|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Roy Albert Ezzy||1907||1977|
|2020 ? -||Rev Judy Jacobson|
The Organ was built in 1856 by James Eagles of London. Previously installed at Christ Church, Longford & Methodist Church, Lefroy. Installed at Scotsdale in 1904. It had 1m., 8sp.st, tr. Man: 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168. Rebuilt and enlarged by A.W. Biggs c1920s using Walker pipework procured from Dr Valenhne, Campbell Town for 2nd manual. Removed and broken up in 1965. It had 2m., 15sp.st., couplers and achon unknown. Gt: 22.214.171.124.4.4.8. Sw: 126.96.36.199.4.2.8. [Ped: 16.?].
1. Australian Anglican Church 2000 Directory.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.