Semaphore, SA - Baptist (Former)
Address: 60 Semaphore Road, Semaphore, South Australia, 5019
Last Updated: 27/09/2020
History and Architecture:
This large two-storied structure of solid stone opened in 1883 as a church, with schoolrooms beneath. The complex expanded over the decades and in 1902, the fine organ was installed.
The last church service was in the summer of 2000. The building initially housed The Urban Peasant and later a local MP's Office.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1878 - 1881||Rev John Price|
|1887 - 1892||Rev A. E. Green|
|1892 - 1910||Rev W. Bell M.A.|
|1911 - 1920||Rev E. S. Tuckwell B.A.|
|1920 - 1922||Rev A. C. Hill B.A.|
|1922 - 1931||Rev C. W. Johnson B.A.|
|1933 - 1935||Rev B. M. Wilson|
|1935 - 1941||Rev D. C. McNicol|
|1941 - 1946||Rev J. Roberts Thompson||L.Th|
|1947 - 1948||Rev J. H. Juancey B.A.|
|1948 - 1952||Rev C. N. Wright|
|1953 -||Rev W. H. Masters|
|1955 - 1959||Rev D. S. Breguet|
|1960 - 1968||Rev D. J. Merriman|
|1969 - 1971||Rev A. E. Barlow||L.Th|
|1972 -||Rev Dr C. W. Johnson|
|1973 - 1975||Rev A. A. Gates||L.Th|
|1975 -||Rev B. M. Wilson|
|1976 -||Rev Torrey A. Wilson|
Built by J.E. Dodd, Adelaide in 1901. For more information click here.
1. 100 years Semaphore Baptist Church 1878 - 1978