Southport-QLD, St Peter's Anglican (50137)
Address: 83 Nerang Street, Southport, , 4215
Last Updated: 02/05/2021
History and Architecture:
The Parish of St Peter’s, Southport had its formal beginnings as a new parish in 1886. The Church was built in 1959 and dedicated on 26 June 1960. Built as a Memorial Church to the fallen in World War II and all those who had gone before as pioneers in earlier generations.
A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.C. This stone was laid on the 20th September 1959 by the Co - Adjuor Bishop of Brisbane the Right Reverend H.H. Dixon M.A. Rector J.N. Lindsay."
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1889 - 1892||Rev Cyril Alfred Ash||1856||1949|
|1896 - 1898||Rev Robert Bibby De Wolf||Curate||1851||1939|
|1899 - 1905||Rev Horace Henry Dixon||1869||1964|
|1905 - 1924||Rev Horace Henry Dixon||Curate||1869||1964|
|1907 -||Rev Samuel Lewis||Curate||1878||1914|
|1911 - 1920||Rev Edgar Barstow||1873||1968|
|1925 -||Canon Harry Gradwell||1874||1955|
|1925 - 1926||Rev Harry Gradwell||1874||1955|
|1947 - 1952||Rev Frederick Jon Alsop||1900||1963|
|1954 - 1969||Rev John Nelson Lindsay||1903||1972|
|1958 - 1962||Rev John Andrew Madssen||Curate||1913||1981|
|1959 -||Rev J. N. Lindsay|
|2019 -||Rev Don Parker|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.