Picton, NSW - St Mark's Anglican
Address: 7 Menangle Street, Picton, New South Wales, 2571
Last Updated: 16/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The architect was Edmund Blacket. The first section of the nave was opened in 1857.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1826 - 1839||Rev Thomas Hassall|
|1839 - 1848||Rev Frederick Wilkinson|
|1848 - 1858||Rev Edward Rodgers|
|1858 - 1870||Rev James Carter||First Resident Minister|
|1870 - 1882||Rev Samuel Fox|
|1882 - 1887||Rev Frank Raymond Elder||1888||1962|
|1887 - 1894||Rev R Noake|
|1894 - 1902||Rev David Henry Dillon||1857||1922|
|1902 - 1905||Archdeacon H. S. Begie|
|1905 - 1910||Rev W. J. Roberts|
|1910 - 1912||Rev W St John Chase|
|1913 - 1920||Rev Edward Hargraves|
|1920 - 1922||Rev A Booth|
|1922 - 1924||Rev H. N. Powys|
|1925 -||Rev F. C. Hall|
|1926 - 1928||Rev Russell Frederick Tacon||1879||1950|
|1928 - 1934||Rev J. P. Owen|
|1935 - 1949||Rev F A.S. Shaw|
|1950 - 1956||Rev D. A. Langford|
|1956 -||Rev John B. Schofield|
|2016 -||Rev Ben Boardman|
The first Organ was built by Wordsworth & Co. Leeds, UK, in 1893 and installed in 1894. It had 2 manuals, 8 speaking stops, mechanical action. It was damaged in 2016 by floods and currently in storage. The present Organ was built by James J. Binns of Bramley, Leeds, in 1903 for All Hallows' Church, Great Mitton, Lancashire, UK. It was restored and installed in 2019 by Peter D.G. Jewkes Pty Ltd of Sydney. It has 2 manuals, 12 speaking stops, mechanical (manuals) & pneumatic action.
A full description and photos can be seen here.
1. Index to Marriage Registers Th Anglican Parish of St Mark's Picton, 1839 - 1929
2. Organ Historical trust of Australia with permission.