Toowong, QLD - St Ignatius Catholic
Year Built: 1929
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: 30 Kensignton Terrace, Toowong, Queensland, 4066
Architect: John Francis Hennessey
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 23/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone of the present church was laid on 16 June 1929 and the building was opened on 18 May 1930. Built in the Italian Romanesque style and designed by the Sydney architect, John Francis Hennessey, the building features polychrome brickwork.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
The Organ was built by Aug. Laukhuff, Weikersheim, W. Germany in 1959. Installed in 1959 by Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane. It has 2 manuals, 2 ranks extended, electric action.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.