Truro, SA - Immanuel Lutheran (30268)
Year Built: 1937
Last Updated: 03/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The congregation had its beginning when on Wednesday evening, 20th January, 1937, at a special meeting in the home of Bro. and Mrs. Ben Ruediger, a resolution was passed, to have Lutheran services in Truro. The services to be conducted fortnightly in the afternoon at 3 p.m., preceded by Sunday School beginning at 2 o'clock.
The first service took place in the S.M. Hall, Truro, on Sunday Quinquagesima, 7th February, about 61 attending. The congregation then consisted of three families, eight communicants and eighteen souls. Eleven children attended the Sunday School.
In 1952 permits for church buildings were granted. The committee soon had a meeting, which took place on the 1st of July, when the following recommendation was submitted to the congregation and, of course, unanimously adopted: "'That we ask the building committee to proceed with the erection of the church according to the plan submitted at an approximate cost of 3,237. On account of the lack of finance many desired features had to be left out. On the basis of this plan with various alterations, the church was built, with dimensions being 45 feet x 25 feet.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1937 - 1966||Pastor R B Reuther|
|1967 - 1977||Pastor Victor Friedrich Harld Wenke||LCA||1918||2003|
|1978 - 1995||Pastor C. H. Zweck||LCA||2009|
|1995 -||Pastor T J. Rudolph||LCA|
|2011 -||Pastor Rolf Lungwitz||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.