Ulverstone, TAS - St Andrew's Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Palawa people
Last Updated: 22/07/2022
History and Architecture:
At a ceremony in May, 1910, the dual foundation stones of the church at Ulverstone were laid by Colonel Cameron and Hon. E. Hobbs, then warden of the town. It was completed and opened on 20th November, 1910.
Later the Presbyterian Church at Sheffield was brought to Ulverstone and re-erected as the Sunday School, alongside the church. After a considerable time, it was decided to build a manse, and so the foundation stone at 14 Main St., was duly laid by the Hon. A. Lillico (M.L.C.) on March 28th, 1925.
In 1960, plans were made to connect the two buildings (Church and Sunday School) at the rear, with a new hall, kitchen and cloak rooms. This was subsequently built (primarily by Mr. W. Hays), and opened and dedicated by Rev. G. H. Leicester, who was then minister of St. John's, Hobart and State Moderator.
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by by Warden E. Hobbs Esq18th May 1910".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1910 -||Rev H. Delanie|
|1911 -||Rev A. G. Roy|
|1914 - 1916||Rev F. Rankin|
|1917 - 1919||Rev H. Roberts|
|1920 - 1921||Rev H. H. Donaldson|
|2020 -||Rev Peter Williamson|
|1922 - 1924||Rev J. Shaw|
|1925 - 1933||Rev W. Ivory||Home Mission|
|1934 - 1936||Rev W. T. Baker||Home Mission|
|1937 - 1940||Rev L. M. Fairey||Home Mission|
|1941 - 1942||Rev R. Allison Norris||Home Mission|
|1942 - 1944||Rev T. J. Barnes||Home Mission|
|1945 - 1947||Rev S. L. Chant||Home Mission|
|1948 - 1951||Rev A. E. Grylls|
|1951 -||Rev H. White|
|1952 - 1957||Rev W. Faulkner|
|1958 - 1959||Rev R. S. Thaden|
|1961 - 1966||Rev A. Long||1966|
|1966 - 1967||Rev N. H. Pollack|
|1968 - 1970||Rev C. Mostert|
|1971 - 1975||Rev George H. Leicester|
|1976 - 1982||Rev T. S. Fishwick|
|1984 -||Rev R. Tsai|
|2015 -||Rev Peter Williamson|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Andrew's Kirk Ulverstone 1910 - 1985 Souvenir History booklet.