Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC - St Thomas' Anglican (20529)
Year Built: 1959
Last Updated: 17/10/2021
History and Architecture:
The original Church was built of timber and cost 80 at Lysterfield and was blessed and opened by Archbishop Clarke in August 1906. In 1922 this Church was moved by a team of horses to the site of the present Church.*
The Foundation stone of the current Church was laid on 30 May 1959 by the Right Reverend J.D. McKie M.A. Bishop Coadjutor of Melbourne. The Architect was Keith Reid and the builder was McLaughlin Brothers.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1926 - 1927||Rev Arthur Howard Westley||1873||1951|
|1927 - 1934||Rev C. H. Clark|
|1934 - 1937||Rev C. E Robinson|
|1937 - 1941||Rev Clifton Plessay Brown||1882||1963|
|1941 - 1953||Rev W. M Robinson|
|1953 - 1956||Rev Herbert Lionel Pratt||1894||1975|
|1956 - 1958||Rev F Stewart|
|1958 - 1963||Rev Lindsay Young Pace|
|1963 - 1967||Rev R W.S. Collie|
|1967 - 1974||Rev E. C Smith|
|1975 - 1979||Rev J Hannon|
|1979 - 1990||Rev Douglas Johnson Dickinson||1931|
|1991 -||Rev R Collings|
|2011 -||Rev Raffaella Pilz|
|2019 - 2021||Rev Anne Kennedy|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Judy Frost 2021 for supplying Rev Kennedy entry.
1. The Anglican Church of St Thomas Upper Ferntree Gully. A Short guide and brief History. Brian Kennedy 1993. LTP 283.9451K38A