Wandin North, VIC - Uniting (20906)
Year Built: 1881
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Last Updated: 30/03/2021
History and Architecture:
A United Free Methodist church opened in 1867. The Church bricks were made on Mr E Hunters property and Mr Henry Sebrie was the builder.
The first service was held in the home of a Mr. Payne. The first church on the current site was built in 1868, on an acre of land granted to the group to be used for ‘religious purposes, public meetings and education’.
Work on the stone church began in 1881 with labour and materials coming from local settlers, including the Hunter, Sebire, Hogg, Holter and Payne families.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1870 -||Rev Joseph Ross||M|
|1872 - 1875||Rev Truscott||M|
|1875 - 1878||Rev Saml Alden||M|
|1878 - 1882||Rev John Baningham||M|
|1882 - 1887||Rev G Hounsell||M|
|1887 - 1891||Rev John Green||M|
|1891 - 1894||Rev J Westacott||M|
|1894 - 1898||Rev E Turner||M|
|1898 - 1900||Rev H Wallace||M|
|1900 - 1903||Rev R L Read||M|
|1903 - 1906||Rev John W Crean||M|
|1906 - 1907||Rev John Adams||M|
|1907 - 1908||Rev Richard Brown||M|
|1908 - 1910||Rev Thomas Copeland||M|
|1910 - 1913||Rev Richard Yeo||M|
|1913 - 1916||Rev James Lowe||M|
|1916 - 1919||Rev Robert Jackson||M|
|1919 - 1920||Rev A Ditterich||M|
|1920 - 1924||Rev Lewis Sheers||M|
|1920 - 1924||Rev S Saunders||M|
|1924 - 1927||Rev W J Bottoms||M|
|1927 - 1929||Rev H C Kent||M|
|1929 - 1932||Rev Frederick C Ivory||M|
|1932 - 1936||Rev George Osmond||M|
|1936 - 1941||Rev James Mellor||M|
|1939 - 1941||Rev W T Johns||M|
|1941 - 1942||Rev John P Thomas||M|
|1942 - 1945||Rev Arthur Geddies||M|
|1945 - 1950||Rev H W Laity||M|
|1950 - 1951||Rev W C Bridgeborn||M|
|1951 - 1957||Rev L E Barnard||M|
|1957 - 1961||Rev Harold E Walsh||M|
|1961 - 1967||Rev Joseph Leach||M|
|1967 -||Rev Allan W Shallcross||M|
|2020 ? -||Rev Deacon Deborah Kottek||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Wandin Methodist Church Centenary 1868 - 1968 Souvenir. LTP 287.194521 W 18 C
2. Victoria Places