Wangaratta, VIC - Presbyterian (20112)
Year Built: 1982
Traditional Owners: Taungurung people
Last Updated: 06/06/2022
History and Architecture:
The Wangaratta Presbyterian church was founded in 1859. The current Church was erected in 1982. The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend E.R. Pearson's on 18 December 1982. The Minister was Reverend P.W. Hastie B. Jur. B. TH.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1958 - 1967||Rev A. T. Stevens|
|1968 - 1972||Rev Andrew Brown||1972|
|1969 -||Rev Roger Webb||Asst|
|1973 - 1974||Rev Ian Smith|
|1974 -||Rev Chris Baulch|
|2016 -||Rev Brett Cummins|
|1982 -||Rev P. W. Hastie|
In 1965 the Church Board recieved offers of money as interest free loans with which to purchase a new organ. A congregational meeting on 26 January 1966 resolved to order a Pipe Organ from Laurie Pipe Organs Pty Ltd fro delivery by July 1967. Stephen Laurie the Organ builder gave a talk on its specifications and a recital was given by Father Lipscombe from Holy Trinity Cathedral.
The Presbyterian Church in Wangaratta, A History from The Centenary in 1958 until Union in 1977 by Mrs Elva Amery. NE Q285.29444