Warrnambool, VIC - St John's Presbyterian
Architect: Andrew Kerr
Traditional Owners: Eastern Maar people
Last Updated: 19/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was built of local sandstone and dedicated in July, 1875. The architect was Andrew Kerr and the cost of the building was £4,330. The church was enlarged in 1885 with transepts being added. It features a memorial plaque to the shipwreck Enterprise.
The church was destroyed by fire in 1920 but was rebuilt by 1922.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1998 -||Rev Ivan Barker|
|1999 - 2000||Rev Philip Mercer||Asst|
|1999 - 2007||Rev Philip Burns||Asst|
The original George Fincham organ of 1886, enlarged in 1893, was destroyed in the fire. The current Organ was built in 1925 by Federick Taylor and opened in 1925. It was refurbished in 1949 by Hill, Norman & Beard. It has 2m., 23 sp. st., 8c., el.pn.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.