Wattle Glen, VIC - Methodist (Former) (20917)

Year Built:

Denomination: Methodist

Address: 14 Reynolds Road, Wattle Glen, Victoria, 3096

Last Updated: 06/12/2020

See Street View

Send your photos

History and Architecture:

The Church was opened in 1925 and was made possible by the generosity of Mr and Mrs E.E. Pepper who presented the block of land for the church site. The Church was erected by volunteer labour from start to finish under the supervision of Mr W.D. Mealy of Rosanna.

The building which is of up to date design is 30ft by 20ft and lined by fibrous plaster sheets. The situation on the hillside makes it conspicuous like a lighthouse where it cannot be hid.

Methodist Churches were built at Hurstbridge, Wattle Glen, Plenty and Panton Hill, and a new parsonage was built at Diamond Creek. During the 1930s and ’40s there were nine churches in the Mission, and despite depression and war, members enjoyed an active spiritual and social life.

The Church building is now in private hands.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1929 - Rev A Milligan

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Extracts:

1. Trove
2. Diamond Creek Uniting Church website.