Winchelsea, VIC - St Thomas' Anglican (20153)
Year Built: 1860
Last Updated: 12/01/2022
History and Architecture:
A substantial country church designed by Nathaniel Billing in the Early English manner and consisting of nave, chancel and vestry. It was erected in 1860-1 under the supervision of Edward Prowse of Geelong.
The stained glass artist, William Montgomery (1850-1827), designed and made several windows for the church including a commemorative window to the men of the parish who died in the Great War,including this window to Trooper Arthur Stanley Batson, the youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Batson, late of 'The Mansion', Barwon Park.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1854 - 1864||Rev Edward Tanner|
|1865 - 1867||Rev John Sheldon|
|1868 - 1899||Rev John Freeman|
|1899 - 1910||Rev George Kelly|
|1970 - 1971||Rev Graham Frederick Stephens||CiC|
|1973 - 1976||Rev Ian Alexander Cameron||1943|
|1979 - 1982||Rev R Lenthall|
|2009 -||Rev Lilian Morgan|
|2002 - 2006||Rev Nagi Habib|
|2019 -||Rev Wendy Gravolin|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.