Year Built: 1876
Address: 85 Ocean Street, Woollahra, New South Wales, 2025
Architect was Edmund Blacket and construction took place between 1876 and 1882. The Church was mainly paid for by Henry Mort, the brother of Thomas Sutcliffe Mort, as a thanksgiving for the rescue of his wife and child from shipwreak in 1865; as a memorial to his wife, Maria, who died in 1873; and as a church for his clergyman son.…
Year Built: 1919
Address: 4 Dogin Street, , Wynyard Tasmania, 7325
The first church was built in the mid 1850s and was replaced by a larger building in 1873. The third church, was opened in 1920. A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was laid by the Ven Archdeacon R.H. Richard B.A. on 1st of July 1919". For a full history go to Churches of Tasmania. Click here.
Address: Yarramalong Road, , Wyong Creek New South Wales, 2259
Services at the Church were conducted at St Barnabas for 92 years before the congregation moved to Wyong in 1977. It is estimated that the structure was erected in 1885 and was constructed through voluntary community effort. Recognising its historical importance, Wyong Shire Council acquired the site in 1978 and in 1982 the Heritage…
Year Built: 2000
Address: 25 Byron Street, , Wyong New South Wales, 2259
A mention of the church was made in the Gosford Times in January 1915 that the ouside and roof of the church was to be painted by a Mr Albert Warner as a gift. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1994 and a new church was erected four years later. The Church celebrated its centenary in 2006.
Address: 132 Main Road, , Yankalilla South Australia, 5203
Christ Church has a marble font which has its origins in the Middle Ages, once gracing Salisbury Cathedral in England. It was given to a former Christ Church rector during a visit to England.
Year Built: 1966
Address: 41 Piper Street, , Yarrawonga Victoria, 3730
Until 1884, when the first St. Cuthbert’s church was built, divine services were conducted in schools at Yarrawonga, Boomahnoomoonah, Tungamah, Youarang North, Pelluebla South and Lake Rowan by Reverend A. T. Hayhow and Reverend L. R. West (the first Rector of Yarrawonga, from 1880, appointed by the Bishop of Melbourne). By 1882 there…
Year Built: 1869
Address: Corner Lyons & Pelissier Street, , Yea Victoria, 3717
Originally all denominations in this beautiful farming community met for worship in a wooden building which served as both Church and Parsonage. Though intended for all those of protestant evangelical persuasion the first preacher in 1857 was Mr Ashe and Anglican lay preacher. A Mrs L Kerr came to the rescue of the Anglicans to build…
Year Built: 1913
Address: Cloete Street, , Young New South Wales, 2594
The Foundation stone was laid on 26 November 1913 by G.S. Whiteman esq. The west wing foundation stone was laid on 23 February 1927 by the Lord Bishop of London Dr AS.F. Winnington Ingram.
Address: 418 Hobart Road, , Youngtown Tasmania, 7249
The booklet reads in part, On Monday, the 13th October 1844, the Bishop laid the first stone of one of these ten new oratories' at Franklin Village. An account of this is given in the "Launceston Examiner" of the 23rd October, 1844. "Franklin Village. On Monday, at three o'clock, the Bishop, attended by the Rural Dean (the Rev. R.…