Denomination: Church of Christ
Year Built: 1922
Address: 208 Whitehorse Road, , Balwyn Victoria, 3103
The Church was opened on October 8th 1922. A Foundation meeting was held on 16 May 1922 at the present site while on 2 July a special Foundation Service was held at 11.00am The Mission opened that night in the tent on a site on Whitehorse Road near Weir Street. The Church has now been sold and due for demolition in 2021.
Address: 643 Mountain Highway, , Bayswater Victoria, 3153
Church of Christ services commenced among the settlers around 1872 and the Church of Christ was one of the first. Meetings were held in 1871 in Ambrose Lischke's bark hut, which was on Schultz's land on the South Western corner of Mountain Highway and Stud Rd. For two years the services were conducted by a Mr Ball who baptised Mr and Mrs…
Address: 35 Short Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
The Church was founded in 1901 initially. The Church first met in TEMPERA in View Street until December 1926. The Building was extended in 1966 with a new Chapel and Foyer added in 1984. A Foundation stone reads, " For the Glory of God & the helping of Man 3rd July 1926".
Year Built: 1927
Address: 5 Victoria Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537
In 1912 a Mr J.K. Kirk of the Boort Coach Factory sold 50 feet of land adjoining the Factory for a sum of 70 to Mr J. Stanyer as a site for a Church of Christ which it is likely will shortly be erected. Amongst the earliest meetings of the Church of Christ it is recorded that these were held at Mysia and in the home of Stanyers, of…
Year Built: 1977
Address: 59 Boronia Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155
The church was first established in 1921 at the first building was opened on October 30 of the same year. The current building was erected in 1977 and opened on 8 October. A fire in 1991 damaged the building and it was reopened 1 September 1991.*
Address: 206 Bambra Road, , Caulfield Victoria, 3162
The first meeting of the Church was held on 12th of May 1920, when the Church constituted 37 members. A Foundation stone reads, " Church of Christ To the Glory of God and the salvation of Man. Sep 2nd 1962"
Year Built: 1983
Address: 365 Victoria Avenue, , Chatswood New South Wales, 2067
A Foundation stone reads, " This building was opened to the Glory of God on Saturday 26th March 1983 replacing the original Chapel built on this site". A further Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid 25th November 1922 to commemorate the erection of this building for the worship of god".
Address: 2 Chesterville Road, , Cheltenham Victoria, 3192
The original chapel was built in 1878. A Foundation stone attached to the rear Pine Street Hall reads, " This Memorial stone was laid by Mrs R.W. Tuck April 2nd 1902".
Address: 66 Orange Grove Road, , Coopers Plains Queensland, 4108
Year Built: 1952
Address: 113 William Street, , Devonport Tasmania, 7310
In 1872 the church moved from Northdown to Latrobe a town of some importance during this era. Early in 1879 W. Moffit visited New Ground near Moriarty a populous agricultural district. He shared the gospel message and in a short time a gathering of people became Christians and were baptized. A Church of Christ was established in 1880 and…
Year Built: 1956
Address: Doncaster Road, , Doncaster Victoria, 3108
The first service was held in the home of Thomas Porter senr on Sunday August 30 1863. In addition to the meetings at the Porter home, gospel services were held in the Chapel owned by the Baptists who had discontinued meetings. The Church commenced in 1863 and by 1864 a small weatherboard chapel was built on the present site. In 1889 a…